Log In | Contact Us| View List (0)
Browse: Categories Digital Content Creators A-Z

Pine Hill Village | Carleton College Archives

Material presented here may only be samples from a larger set. Contact the Carleton Archives to inquire about additional items.

Download Files under 10MB and Metadata

Pine_Hill_Village__2017____Archaeology_in_the_Cowling_Arboretum_Redacted.pdf (PDF Document, 4.7 MB)
View in Reader

Download File


Title:
Pine Hill Village
Date:
1945-1955
Description:
Housing complex installed after WWII to house returning veterans and their families, in lieu of traditional dorm housing. The village, which existed from 1946 to 1955, was situated between the Cowling Arboretum and what is now the Recreation Center, occupying much of what is now a lacrosse field. A total of 46 prefabricated home units once housed veterans and their families, but when the village no longer became necessary, these were sold to a local real estate company.
ID:
20190501_referenceScansDocuments/data/originals/240113
Repository:
Carleton College Archives
Found in:


Page Generated in: 0.092 seconds (using 197 queries).
Using 6.75MB of memory. (Peak of 7MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign